GROW • CONNECT • SERVE
Sunday, June 5, 2022
From Adam to Noah
1. God created both males and females in his image and blessed them with the ability to have children who bear his image. (Gen 5:1-2)
2. People lived a lot longer before the flood. (Gen 5:1-32)
3. People were able to bear children at an older age before the flood. (Gen 5:1-32)
4. Enoch did not die because he walked with God. (Gen 5:24)
5. God chose to take Enoch before he died. (Gen 5:24)
6. God is not bound by the fall and can choose to override its consequences. (Gen 5:24)
7. A place with God exists. (Gen 5:24)
8. God has conquered sin and death. (Gen 5:24)
Jesus Christ paid the penalty of sin for those who trust in him. (Rom 3:23-26)
Faith in God leads to eternity with God! (Gen 5:24; Rom 3:23-26; Heb 11:5)
Enoch was a prophet who prophesied that God’s judgment would come upon all the ungodly. (Jude 1:14-15)
We are called to walk humbly with our God. (Micah 6:8)
9. Methuselah is the oldest person recorded in the Bible. (Gen 5:27)
10. Methuselah died the same year as the flood. (Gen 5:25-27)
11. Lamech named his son Noah because he was confident that God would bring relief from their difficult toil through him.
12. These names are recorded to connect Noah to Adam and later Jesus to Adam. (Gen 5:1-32; Luke 3:23-38)
13. The recorded ages reveal that there were 1656 years between the creation of Adam and the flood. (Gen 5:1-32)
According to the Bible, the earth is less than 7000 years old.
Going Deeper Questions
1. What are some significant differences between life today and life before the flood?
2. What does the fact that Enoch was taken by God without dying reveal about God?
3. Where did God take Enoch?
4. Where do people go when they die?
5. How does the cross validate God’s justice?
6. Why is it crucial that Jesus is a descendant of Adam?
7. Why is it important that Christians reject the lie that the earth is millions of years old?
We livestream our weekly messages online for those of you that are not able to make it to in-person services. Click here to view our live stream.
RightNow Media is a streaming library of more than 20,000 Bible study videos. Every person at FCC is invited to sign up for RightNow Media and can access Biblically-based videos on topics like marriage, parenting, youth, recovery, leadership, finances, and much more at no cost to you.
RECEIVE ETERNAL LIFE IN CHRIST JESUS
HOW TO BE SAVED
Jesus said that “God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life” (John 3:16).
This is the Gospel message. It is important to understand exactly what we must do in order to have eternal life.
If after watching this short video you have any questions or need help placing faith in Jesus, please reach out to us. We’d be glad to help.